Sinusitis is a common inflammation acute or chronic of the par nasal sinuses, the cavities that produce the mucus necessary for the nasal passages to work smoothly and effectively.
Our healthy sinuses are filled with air and whenever sinuses become blocked and filled with fluid, bacteria and germs can grow and cause an infection.
Conditions that can cause sinus blockage include:
- common cold
- Allergic rhinitis, in which there is swelling of the lining inside the nose
- Small growths in the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum, which is a shift in the nasal cavity-dns
You may hear your doctor use these terms:
- Acute sinusitis- usually starts with cold-like symptoms such as a running nose, stuffy nose and face pain. It may start suddenly and last 2-4 weeks.
- Sub acute sinus inflammation usually lasts 3 to 12 weeks.
- Chronic inflammation symptoms last for 12 weeks
- Recurrent sinusitis happens several times a year.
Acute Sinusitis Symptoms
The main signs include:
- Facial pain or congestion
- Runny nose
- Loss of smell
- Cough or congestion
You may also have:
- Bad breath
- Dental pain
If you suffer from…
- Repeated frequent colds & cough
- Nasal congestion & blockage
- Nasal discharge & headaches
- Nasal polyps & allergic rhinitis – and affected by slight seasonal changes
You probably have Chronic Sinusitis…
Chronic sinusitis usually lasts for up to 8 to 10 weeks but may continue for several months or several years.
Individual’s commonly have headaches, sinus congestion/tenderness, cough, nasal irritation, earaches, fever and weakness.
Many may experience periodic sinus stuffiness whenever exposed to cold food, climatic changes and pollen dust or allergens.
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment is very effective in management and treatment of chronic sinusitis.
No effective medical or surgical treatment of chronic sinusitis is present in conventional modern medicines. Many studies and researches already suggested the effectiveness of Homoeopathic constitutional treatment.
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment is very helpful in managing and treating all type of chronic sinusitis.
In cases like chronic rhino sinusitis resistant to standard medical treatment, associated conditions like of allergic rhinitis, nasal polyps, or depression, Homoeopathy can offer a better relief.